top of page


When: Thursdays from 8 am to 10 am

The third Thursday of the month is Vegan Week 

Where: 1053 West 23rd St (on the corner of 23rd St. and Union Ave.) 

Click here for the Google map location.

Contact: Please call  213-748-0209 or email  for more information.

Want to make a difference? Do you enjoy helping others? Well, we need your help.

We can only provide this valuable service to the community

thanks to our committed volunteers.

Volunteers are needed: 

  • Wednesday at 11:30 am to prepare food for distribution

  • Thursdays at 7:30 am to distribute food

  • Ask us for more volunteer opportunities 

Please email to sign up or go to

Click here to view the Volunteer Job Description

Want to know more? Click here to read about us: 
Our food pantry is featured in The Presbyterian Outlook; click here


Where does food come from? 
The food comes from our various partners, such as the LA Regional Food Bank, Food Forward, LA Health/Vegans of LA, gifts from our sibling church Brentwood Presbyterian, and on occasion, from other generous donors. 

Who pays for the food? 
Our church pays for the food that did not come from our partners

What kind of food do you give out? 
What we give varies every week. We have given out the following: 
Fresh produce, pantry staples, protein, and on the third Thursday of the month, vegan food 

Do I need to register? How do I qualify? 
There are no applications; just join the people in line. All people are welcome here. 
Right before you pick up the food, we ask you how many people are in your family
for reporting purposes. 

Do I need to bring something with me?
Please bring your bag/cart and a mask.

Why are you giving food away when people can get food stamps? 
What used to be called food stamps is now SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) which helps people with low-income purchase food.  Not everyone qualifies, and those who don't meet the criteria do not make enough money to afford an adequate amount of food.
The food from our pantry gives people peace of mind so that they can use their income towards other living expenses.
 Los Angeles has a high cost of living. 

What's food insecurity? 
This refers to the lack of access to getting enough healthy food to meet basic needs due to a lack of financial resources. 

What are your Covid-19 protocols? 
Please wear a mask while picking up food and practice social distancing. 

Where do I go for food if your pantry is closed? 
Please call 211 for assistance. On our window, we have also posted other pantries nearby. 

Photos from Our Volunteer Appreciation BBQ:

Civil Rights
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

For all other FNS nutrition assistance programs, state or local agencies, and their sub-recipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

  3. email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


bottom of page